Prior to your clients checking and booking themselves into classes, there are several steps you, as a business, need to complete to enable this feature.
- Turn 'ON' Check-In for your business and Client Kiosk Check-In for each SERVICE (see below)
- Turn 'ON' Kiosk Booking for each SERVICE (see below)
- Publish/provide your Kiosk URL/link for self check-in to clients (see below where to get the link)
Some important notes for Client Kiosk Check-In (if you allow this):
- Clients will be able to check themselves in within 120 minutes of class starting
- When a client checks themselves in, it will update the 'check-in' section of the Session Profile automatically
- Client Kiosk Check-Ins will also update the Attendance Report automatically
Some important notes for Kiosk Booking (if you allow this):
- When no sessions are booked to be checked into, then we show a list of possible bookable sessions for one day. Meaning we would show past and future classes from the calendar for the period of 12:00:00am - 11:59:59pm CST of that SAME DAY.
- Clients will only be able to book themselves if they have an existing balance applicable to the class.
- Clients will not be able to book themselves if they have no existing balance applicable to the class.
- Clients will not be able to book classes that are full, hidden from the public calendar and/or bookable by business only.
- When a client books, it will update the Session Profile automatically to both add them to the session and check them into the session.
- Client Kiosk Booking will also update the Bookings Report after the class has occurred.
Updating Services for Kiosk Check-In and Booking
If you're going to allow kiosk check-ins and bookings, head to the Services section. Click 'Edit' next to each Service you want to allow check-ins and bookings for. Head to the bottom and choose the 'Enable Check-Ins', ‘Enable Kiosk Check-In’ and 'Enable Kiosk Booking' options.
IMPORTANT: The ‘Enable Kiosk Booking’ switch is not dependent on the ‘Enable Check-Ins’ switch like ‘Enable Kiosk Check-In’. If the ‘Enable Kiosk Booking’ switch is not turned on, kiosk booking will not be enabled for this service. Clients will only be able to book themselves if they have an existing balance applicable to the class. Clients will not be able to book classes that are full, hidden from the public calendar and bookable by business only.
Now, clients who are booked for classes will be able to check themselves into the class within 120 minutes of the class starting. Clients who have no sessions booked to be checked into and who have existing balances applicable to the class, will be able to book past and future classes for one day for the period of 12:00:00am -11:59:59pm CST of that SAME DAY.
You'll notice that after clients check themselves in, the Session Profile screen automatically updates with the 'check-in' box!
Clients who booked themselves will be added to the session profile. If the ‘Enable Kiosk Check-In’ switch is turned on, clients will be automatically checked-in to the class. If the ‘Enable Kiosk Check-In’ switch is turned off for the booked service, clients will not be checked-in. Meaning, only the business can check-in clients. If the ‘Enable Check-Ins’ switch is turned off for the booked service, clients will not be able to check-in themselves and the check-in column will not show up on the session profile. Thus, you won’t be able to check them in as well.
After a client checks themselves into a class, the Attendance Report automatically updates with a record of the checked-in clients.
In the example below, 5 clients booked the Pilates Class (Total Bookings), 5 attended/checked-in (Total Check-Ins).
Kiosk Link/URL for Self Check-In
How do you find your custom URL/Kiosk Link for Self Check-In?
Head to the Admin section, then to the 'Business Tools' section under 'Business Setup & Customization. At the bottom, click the 'copy' icon beside the 'Kiosk Link’ to copy it to your clipboard. It should look similar to the following:
Your CUSTOM link will have your business name where the 'businessname' is in the demo link above. You can publish, email this link or bookmark it on a phone, computer, tablet, etc at your studio! We recommend having this link available to students/clients at the studio on a separate device, like a tablet, front desk computer, etc.
Any questions, comments or suggestions about Self Check-In? Please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org