How do I add employees/users and set or upgrade their 'access level'?
A professional or 'business user' is an employee who works at your business, or a manager/clerk who you provide access to your business site. Each employee has a role. Each role has a set of permissions to determine at which level your employee (a.k.a. user) can have access to your business site.
With fitli, you have the ability to have multiple employees or users, including trainers, front desk staff, co-owners, and bookkeepers - all with the own specific level of 'access'. This means that not everyone with access to your business features will be able to 'see' the same thing. Some can only check in customers, some can only schedule classes, and others can do everything you can! Here's how to add an employee, and set or upgrade/downgrade their 'access' level.
Adding a new employee/user:
Once you're on the screen below, fill out the employee's/user's contact information (first name, last name, email address required):
The most important section of this Add User screen is the "Role" section. Role defines what a user CAN or CANNOT do. Here are the options, and what each option allows a user to do.
The list of supported roles:
- Owner: Owner of the business. Each business can have more than one owner. Owner has all permissions to the business site except that he/she is not a bookable resource.
- Owner Professional: Owner who is also a professional. This person has all permissions of an owner plus he/she is also a bookable resource.
- Manager: Manager has all permissions to the business site except the Administration. Manager is also not a bookable resource.
- Manager Professional: Manager who is also a professional. This person has all permissions of a manager plus he/she is also a bookable resource.
- Professional No Access: Professional who is a bookable resource and just has a view only permission to the business's schedule.
- Professional Limited Access: Professional who is a bookable resource with a view only permission to the business's schedule. This professional also has permission to perform limited activities on the Customers pages.
- Professional Full Access: Professional who is a bookable resource with a full permission to the business's schedule. This professional also has permission to perform all activities on Customers pages.
- Clerk: Clerk is not a bookable resource. Clerk has full permissions to the business's schedule and Customers pages.
- Inactive: This employee no longer has access to the business site.
Roles and their Fitli privileges:
The most POPULAR roles are Owner Professional (you're the business owner and trainer) and Professional Full Access (can book, schedule, and charge/make purchases for customers).
Once you're satisfied with entering the employee's information and selecting a role, click the 'Invite' button on the bottom left. The employee will be sent an email with an invitation to join fitli and connect with your business. Once they accept the invitation and signup with you and fitli, they'll then be able to conduct business activities based on their business role you selected above!
Changing a user's role:
Sometimes, you may want to upgrade or downgrade a user's role based on changing business requirements. That's easy!
You simply click on "Edit" next to an employee's name, then use the drop-down pictured below to change the role of the user.
Then click 'Save'. The next time the employee logs into fitli.com, their new role will be applied and they will have either more or less permissions.
From the list of Users, you can see the status of each employee/user that you added via the 'Status' column.
- When you first added a new employee/user, its status will be 'Sent'.
+ This means that an email has been sent to this employee/user. However, this employee/user hasn't accepted the invitation yet.
+ From the User's Details form (via the 'Edit' link), you can make changes and 'SAVE', or 'RESEND' the invitation, or 'REMOVE' the employee/user from your business.
- When your employee/user accepts the invitation to connect via the email that was sent out by the system, its status will be changed to 'Connected'.
+ From the User's Details form (via the 'Edit' link), you can change the role and "SAVE", or 'REMOVE' the employee from your business.
That's about it! Any questions? Chat with us or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org